Re: [Orgmode] Re: Wiki-like creating links on the fly for org

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Wiki-like creating links on the fly for org
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:32:52 +0100

Hi Isaac,

Isaac <address@hidden> writes:

> I encounter the same issue as a wikidpad user migrated to emacs
> It would be fantastic, if emacs org can have a visual tree display of its
> headings in a sperate window, something like the speedbar?

Maybe have a look at org-toc.el in contrib/.

M-x org-toc-show (and `?' for a quick help).

I must say it's pretty buggy, though.

Also, `C-x 4 c' might be helpful to create an indirect buffer: then you
can edit in the original buffer and use the indirect one to navigate.

> file linking can be fairly easily done in org, However, wikidpad is more of a
> database approach (possible to use sqlite as backend), whereas emacs org is a
> single file based mode: my guess is that implementing wikidpad feature in
> emacs
> would would end as a different application, other than what emacs is intended
> -
> a mighty text editor

Org can handle several files and helps you create links between all of
them.  What is the precise feature you're missing here?

Best,

--
 Bastien