Re: [Orgmode] Blogging from org-mode

From: Juan Reyero
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Blogging from org-mode
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 20:13:41 +0100

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Tom Breton (Tehom) <address@hidden> wrote:
Some months back I contributed improvements to org-html.  My intent was to
make it easy to post org files as blog posts.

So this is a sort of delayed announcement.  There are two packages that
post to blogs from org-mode: My org2blog/atom and Puneesh's (punchagan's)
org2blog/wp.  I know there are also blog hosts based on org-mode, but
that's different.  This is pushing org files to a "normal" blog host such
as Blogger (for org2blog/atom) or Wordpress (org2blog/wp)

org2blog/atom lives in the git repo http://repo.or.cz/r/org2blog.git and
org2blog/wp lives in https://github.com/punchagan/org2blog.git

Both respect the normal export options (#+TITLE: etc) but other than that
the approaches are fairly different.

Please tell me if I've missed any other org-based blogging software (other
than the blog hosting software which is a different category).

I wrote org-jekyll a while back to export a blog to jekyll,

http://juanreyero.com/open/org-jekyll/index.html

From the doc:

" Extracts subtrees from your org-publish project files that have
  a :blog: keyword and an :on: property with a timestamp, and
  exports them to a subdirectory _posts of your project's
  publishing directory in the year-month-day-title.html format
  that Jekyll expects.  Properties are passed over as yaml
  front-matter in the exported files.  The title of the entry is
  the title of the subtree."

I've been happily using it for more than a year.

jm
--
http://juanreyero.com/
http://alandair.com