Re: [Orgmode] Blogging from org-mode

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Blogging from org-mode
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:03:08 -0600

On 01/17/2011 01:13 PM, Juan Reyero wrote:
On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Tom Breton (Tehom) <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Some months back I contributed improvements to org-html.  My intent was to
    make it easy to post org files as blog posts.

    So this is a sort of delayed announcement.  There are two packages that
    post to blogs from org-mode: My org2blog/atom and Puneesh's (punchagan's)
    org2blog/wp.  I know there are also blog hosts based on org-mode, but
    that's different.  This is pushing org files to a "normal" blog host such
    as Blogger (for org2blog/atom) or Wordpress (org2blog/wp)

    org2blog/atom lives in the git repo http://repo.or.cz/r/org2blog.git and
    org2blog/wp lives in https://github.com/punchagan/org2blog.git

    Both respect the normal export options (#+TITLE: etc) but other than that
    the approaches are fairly different.

    Please tell me if I've missed any other org-based blogging software (other
    than the blog hosting software which is a different category).

I wrote org-jekyll a while back to export a blog to jekyll,

http://juanreyero.com/open/org-jekyll/index.html

I also simply use weblogger.el (http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WebloggerMode) combined with a really easy function defined at http://www.randomsample.de/dru5/node/77 to post to blogs including Drupal. Weblogger.el is really nice because it lets you also edit existing entries in Emacs. Don't know if all the solutions above do the same. This method also allows you to use different blog systems than Drupal, I believe any that support XMLRPC updates, including Blogger, Drupal, Wordpress, ...