Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing

From: Jason Dunsmore
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 12:50:30 -0600

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Or use Eric zenburn-like css by selecting it as an alternative
>>> stylesheet in Firefox : View -> Page Style -> [select stylesheet].
>>>
>>> I don't know how to make this choice persistent from Firefox and I
>>> don't know if this feature is available for other browsers, but it
>>> is certainly worth having several stylesheet available.
>>
>> Could we perhaps go ahead and put the new stylesheets on Worg along with
>> alternate stylesheet links in the publishing preamble? That way we could
>> begin to tweak the stylesheets as a community and test them "on the
>> fly." (It would also save Jason the work of having to publish to tmp
>> directories.) Others would then be free to add their own
>> stylesheets---though I suppose that adding alternate stylesheet links
>> will require access to the publishing options on the server.
>>
>> Once we've decided on a default, we could then adjust the preamble
>> accordingly and clean up the alternates.
>>

> This sounds like a great approach to me.  I'm convinced that there are
> other Org-mode users with much more sophisticated knowledge of CSS who
> may improve our initial efforts in time.
>
> One other alternative that comes to mind--while we're making impositions
> on Jason's kindness :)--is that it would be nice to have an alternate
> version of Worg published side-by-side with the original, only instead
> of publishing each page using org-publish-as-html, it could publish each
> page using only htmlize.  That way we could show off how nice Org-mode
> syntax can be when viewed from inside of Emacs, and users could see a
> side-by-side between the plain-text and html versions.  An example of
> this approach done successfully is Dan's Babel example at
> http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~davison/software/org-babel/drift.org.html

That sounds like a good idea.  Do you know exactly how to do this?

I added the following to org-publish-project-alist:

        ("worg-htmlize"
         :base-directory "~/git/Worg/"
         :base-extension "org"
         :html-extension "org.html"
         :publishing-directory "/var/www/orgmode.org/worg/"
         :recursive t
         :htmlized-source t
         :publishing-function htmlize)

But when I run:

(defun publish-worg-htmlize nil
   "Publish Worg."
   (interactive)
   (add-hook 'org-publish-after-export-hook 'worg-fix-symbol-table)
   (let ((org-format-latex-signal-error nil)
         (org-startup-folded nil))
     (org-publish-project "worg-htmlize")))

I get the error "Symbol's function definition is void: publish-htmlize".
I made sure to (require 'htmlize).