[Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Enhancing the Org/Gnus experience
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:28:46 +0100

Hi Julien,

Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29 2010, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>> I've signed (like 2 weeks ago) the FSF papers, and am still waiting for the
>> PDF file that proves it. As soon as I get them, I send a proper patch to
>> Larsi for integration into Gnus. Eventually, I'd even like to add some
>> other stuff (inlined code with = markers, etc.)...
>
> Any news on this?

I had sent all the needed code to add to Gnus onto the Gnus newsgroup, see
http://osdir.com/ml/info-gnus-english-gnu/2011-01/msg00082.html.

But Gnus asks me to...

#+begin_verse
... post a patch for these changes to the address@hidden mailing list?
#+end_verse

This will require me to:

- find the right place to put such a code in Gnus code base,
- see how to deal with the =(mm-uu-configure)= function call (integrate
  somehow its effect, instead of calling it),
- etc.

Not that obvious (for me) to make it perfect-looking. Being quite overloaded,
this task is still in my log, but gets delayed from day to day.

Feel free to post anything in that direction, if you're willing to help.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban