Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:24:55 -0700

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
>> On this one page, I think we need a simple (non-js) table-of-contents.
>> Is there a way to override the hidden toc for this page only?
>
> Yes, by either adding a stylesheet that undoes the hiding or by not
> including the part of the stylesheet that hides the toc in the first
> place.  For the FAQ I'd think a two column layout with the index to the
> left would be good, so you'd just have to adjust the float placement and
> visibility.

I don't think there is horizontal room to hold the TOC and the contents
side-by-side, I think the preferable option here is to have the TOC at
the top of the page, followed by the contents, e.g. plain, or just keep
the TOC as it currently appears in the version at
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq-nojs.html, I actually kind of like how
it allows the user to click on items in the TOC, and jump to the
relevant part of the page without losing the TOC from view.  I vote we
simply replace org-faq with org-faq-nojs.

On a slightly unrelated note, have the alternate stylesheets been added
to the publishing template?  If so I don't see them locally.

Cheers -- Eric