Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 16:06:47 -0500

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Jason Dunsmore
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Jeff Horn <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Jason Dunsmore
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I think this might be unnecessary (hitting "Back", typing the "Home"
>>> key, or middle clicking at the top of the scroll bar can all already do
>>> this).
>>
>> I'm not an expert, but that is not very "accessible". Shouldn't be a
>> problem with modern text browsers, but I remember this being an
>> accessibility recommendation for FAQish pages at my previous
>> university.
>
> Hm, that sounds a bit like folklore.  Is there some accessibility
> standard we can follow, and should we (how up-to-date are these
> documents relative to modern "accessible" browsers)?  I noticed every
> other project FAQ I came across doesn't do this:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/FAQ
> https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitFaq
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQs

I'll happily concede the point. And, the linked FAQs are easily
navigable in W3M. Honestly, it was a reflex. I learned all sorts of
"rules of thumb" working with the media department as a student at
NCSU.

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/