Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-beamer problems

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-beamer problems
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 08:52:21 +0000

Bill Moran <address@hidden> writes:

> HI Eric, John, Jeff and Birch
>

> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga <at> ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>

>> My immediate response would be to ask why you aren't using \maketitle
>> given that the command is beamer-aware?  That is, \maketitle will create

[...]

> Let me also say that my aim was to arrive at an understanding of  how to use
> org-mode for slide creation - since I do a lot of that - rather than to
> compose
> a specific set of slides. I realise that I could use direct latex code to
> solve
> the problems but that wasn't the point of the exercise.

Yes, sorry, I didn't write my response very well at all.  I wasn't
implying that beamer could not do what you wanted, only that you could
resort to latex if you definitely wanted to have a very specific
solution.  My point was that beamer generates \maketitle and that this
works just fine (for me) in beamer so that there is no need to use the
latex construct I wrote which is what you implied you were using in
latex directly.

[...]

> To keep this email as brief as possible, let's take this snippet (verbatim) of
> an  example from Eric:

[...]

> When I do "C-c C-e p" to create the pdf file I get 3 slides. The first is a
> title page but has no title - only the date. The second is an outline (toc)
> slide as expected and the third is again as expected except that @important@
> is
> not rendered as \alert{important}.

but this all works for me.  As others have said, upgrade your org
version (which *is* rather old unfortunately).
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.223.g71650)