Re: [Orgmode] Status google calendar sync

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Status google calendar sync
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:19:20 -0800

Hi

I'm in the middle of setting something up, at the moment I import google
events into org by using the google command line interface on my linux
machine. For this I changed the line in the config for googcl to print
out an org timestamp and also changed the fields to be printed by using:

date_print_format = <%Y-%m-%d %a %H:%M>
list_style = title,when,where,url-site

in the general option of .googlecl/config. With this I create a .org
file with all my google calendar entries by running the following script
every N minutes (header + one line sed):

---script start---
#!/bin/bash

# get my google calendar items and create a org-mode file

# output header
echo "#+STARTUP: overview
#+TAGS: @google(g)
#+FILETAGS: @google
#+SEQ_TODO: GCAL
#+STARTUP: hidestars

" > ~/org/mygooglecal.org

# output entries
google calendar list | sed -e 's/\(.*\),\(.*\) - \(.*\),\(.*\),\(.*\)/*
GCAL \1\n  SCHEDULED: \2--\3\n  Location: \4\n  link: [[\5][link]]/' >>
~/org/mygooglecal.org

----script end----

and by just adding this file to my agenda everything seems to be working
fine...

To sync between different computers I use git with an automated commit,
pull and push, which makes the google entries available on all of my
other computers.

I haven't figured out how to export org to ics, so that google can read
it... I would like to export only items that have a start and an end
timestamp and don't have a google tag (which they get when they are
imported from google). I think I need to add this to
org-icalendar-verify-function, but don't know enough lisp to write
something like this... any ideas?

Ian: how do you export to ics? Complete via python?

regards

Arun