Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-beamer problems

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-beamer problems
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:39:26 +0000

Henri-Paul Indiogine <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> You need to also set =org-emphasis-alist=. I have:
>
> I missed that completely.  Yes, now it works. Thanks a bunch!
>

> Well, now I am wondering how to create blocks without title
>
> In plain LaTeX that would be:
>
> \begin{block}{}
> blah, blah
> \end{block}
>

> It seems that org-mode wants a title and thus needs some text within the
> second pair of {} in \begin{block}{}

You can cheat using some latex...:

** A second slide
#+latex: \newcommand{\nothing}{}
*** \nothing                                                        :B_block:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_env: block
    :END:
This block has no heading, just some text.

and I'm sure some latex expert could improve on this dramatically...

> Another issue that I am having is with the example block
>
> In plain LaTeX :
>
> \begin{exampleblock}{}
> \end{exampleblock}
>

> But org-mode exports:
>
> \begin{example}[Test example block]
> \end{example}
>

> Again, it would be nice to have empty block titles.

Same trick should apply.

But I should say again that org /= latex and if you really want the full
power of latex, you should use that directly.  IMO, of course.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.231.ge879)