Re: [Orgmode] Using properties for diary-anniversaries

From: lecodesportif
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Using properties for diary-anniversaries
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 00:27:54 -0800

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 20:16 -0500, "Nick Dokos" <address@hidden>
wrote:
> address@hidden wrote:
>
> > I have an anniversary list in Org Mode where entries have this format:
> >
> > * John
> >   :PROPERTIES:
> >   :Name: John
> >   :Birthday: 5 4 1900
> >   :END:
> >
> > I would like to add the "Birthday" and "Name" properties to Org Agenda
> > automatically. What I have so far is:
> >
> > %%(apply 'diary-anniversary (read (org-entry-get nil "Birthday"))) John
> >
> > When I enter this line right after the properties, the anniversary is
> > added at the correct date in the agenda. But I still have to enter the
> > name manually.
> >

> Try something like this:
>
> %%(apply 'diary-anniversary (mapcar 'string-to-number (split-string
> (org-entry-get nil "Birthday")))) John is %d years old

The %d was already working with my above code and the entry was
displayed at the correct date. What I am looking for is a way to get the
value of the name property ("John") automatically. That way I wouldn't
have to insert all names manually in the %%(apply... line following the
properties.

                          or over the web