Re: [Orgmode] Status google calendar sync

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Status google calendar sync
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:21:42 -0800

Hi

On 01/21/2011 03:58 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> I also have been syncing between my Google calendar and org.  A while
> back, I posted this message onto this list:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/26848
>
> but check out later messages in the thread for an updated awk script.

I had problems using wget, since we don't use google login, but get
redirected to our institute from google, so I would have to use
--load-cookie but couldn't really figure it out... however using
googlecl seems to work fine, so I'm also using this to download the entries

> This dealt with converting a Google calendar into an org file.  I still
> use this.
>
> For the other route, org to Google, I use the googlecl (command line)
> interface:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/27214

don't really know that much lisp, but I guess you add the entries
directly to google when you create them via org-capture? What happens if
you later edit an entry, say change the time/date? This is something I
do very often and I would need google to reflect those changes. I also
only want to export certain tags and entries that have a date-range
(e.g. start and stop time), but I guess that could be easily arranged in
the lisp function that you wrote?

Arun