[Orgmode] org-latex and figures

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: [Orgmode] org-latex and figures
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:04:02 +0100

I could not understand why on earth my pdf had all the images after the
whole document.
Then I found this:

http://www.eng.cam.ac.uk/help/tpl/textprocessing/float_hint.html

and found out that the default for a figure was
\begin{figure}[ptb]

while in the generated latex file from org I had
\begin{figure}[htb]

So I changed to the default and now it works fine...
Isn't that default maybe a bit dangerous?

The fact is that if the first image doesn't fit "here" it will be
printed late and all the others after.

I might also just use the latex code here for these things, I don't care
to export to other formats, it's just nicer to look if it's in org syntax