Re: [Orgmode] Re: Embedded code

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Embedded code
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:51:00 -0700

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric and Ido,
>
> Ido Magal wrote:
>> I've gotten the fix and am trying to verify it, however I keep seeing
>>
>>> File local-variables error: (invalid-function org-save-outline-visibility)
>>
>> I'm not sure if it's relevant or not.  This is my test file:

>> # -*- eval: (org-babel-execute-buffer) -*-
>>
>> src_sh[:results append]{ls -t ~/org/ *.txt|head -5}
>
> When this call is executed, the table results is inserted *before* the call
> line. Is this the intended behavior?

The implementation of inline code blocks assumed that they would be used
inline for referencing live values from within paragraphs.  The most
common usage replaces the code block with the result upon export.  We
never really anticipated this syntax being used to replace regular code
blocks.

Given that these can and now are being used in other ways, I've updated
the handling of inline code blocks bringing it more inline with regular
code block usage -- and simplifying the export mechanisms.  They should
now insert their results *after* the code block.

Best -- Eric