Re: [Orgmode] org-latex and figures

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-latex and figures
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:56:50 +0000

Chris Malone <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> I'm inclined to agree with Tom - there is no default that will work in all
> instances.  That being said, you can use an #ATTR_LATEX line to modify the
> placement for each image - see here:
> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Images-in-LaTeX-export
>
> Alternatively, (and this is very much a hack, which I can't guarantee will
> work) you could make the org-mode default behaviour be [ptb] by replacing
> the =(floatp "[htb]")= line with =(floatp "[ptb]")= in the
> =org-export-latex-format-image= function definition in the file
> org/lisp/org-latex.el ... you would have to do something similar to the
> =org-export-latex-tables= function for tables.
>
> HTH,
> Chris

I'm not understanding something in this whole thread: all the example
options seem to imply that 'h' and 'p' are somehow exclusive.  I have
always used [hbtp] (a sequence that essentially says: put the figure in
place as soon as you can), sometimes with and sometimes without '!'
before the h, and I have never had reason to complain about the
placement of figures!

Well, for some journals/conferences, I've had to adapt this to [hp] if
they insist on figures always at the top of a page... but I always have
both h and p options.

Just my two ¢s...

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.257.g5d90.dirty)