Re: [Orgmode] Status google calendar sync

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Status google calendar sync
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:13:11 +0000

Arun Persaud <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I also tried the ics2org script, but run into some problems
> there... the

do you mean my ical2org.awk script?  or something else?

> script didn't recognize the timestamps, which for me look like:
>
> DTSTART;TZID=America/Los_Angeles:20110127T110000
>
> and I think the timezone messes things up. I wanted to ask if the script
> exists on github or somewhere similar, if not it would be great, if we
> could upload it, so that it is easy to work on it for several
> people...

if you are indeed referring to my awk script, you are correct: I don't
catch these lines.  Can you try the attached version?  It works for me
but I don't actually have any ical/ics files that have entries like that
one above.

> Eric:I could upload it if this is ok for you? (what's the license on the
> file?)

Please feel free to upload it to Worg.  I do actually have a task for
myself to upload this and related scripts and to write some
documentation (essentially what I wrote in my long email months ago when
I posted these scripts) but I have just not had the time to spare (bad
time of year work-wise...).  It's free to use, modify, copy, etc. No
warranty blah blah blah.

: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.257.g5d90.dirty)