Trackpad horizontal scrolling (was: [Orgmode] Re: [OT-emacs] Scrolling h

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Trackpad horizontal scrolling (was: [Orgmode] Re: [OT-emacs] Scrolling horizontally)
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 20:00:02 +0100

Hi all,

if you are all looking for making emacs scrolling horizontally by
sliding with one finger in the lower part of the trackpad (or with some
2 finger special move [dunno what Mac users like]), that shouldn't be
any different from any other keybinding.

For example, the syntaptics trackpad on my Lenovo Thinkpad emacs
mouse-6/7 events when sliding left/right in the lower trackpad corner.
So I can easily use that to make emacs scroll horizontally like it's the
common behavior in most web browsers:

(global-set-key (kbd "<mouse-7>") (lambda ()
                                    (interactive)
                                    (scroll-left 1)))
(global-set-key (kbd "<mouse-6>") (lambda ()
                                    (interactive)
                                    (scroll-right 1)))

Bye,
Tassilo