Re: [Orgmode] Re: [OT-emacs] Scrolling horizontally

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [OT-emacs] Scrolling horizontally
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 11:32:17 -0500

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I haven't checked if AquaMacs has any improvements on this side,
> anyone out there that could share something? I also noticed that
> there's a tendency of people prefering to use cocoa over aquamacs in
> the emacs osx community, not sure why.

Aquamacs does not scroll with the trackpad, AFAIK. I'm using the 3.x
devel version.

I've posted on the OSX Emacs list a few weeks ago why I started out
hating Aquamacs, and then grew to use it every day. The short: the
defaults are annoying, and until recently (version 2) it was difficult
(for me) to figure out where to store preferences, and the order in
which they were executed.

It took a good bit of configuring, but I like it now. I use Aquamacs
for its keyboard bindings, mostly. I'm not big on emacs bundles, since
I use devel versions of the plugins I use most frequently.

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/