Re: [Orgmode] Make file:... directory links open dired by default

From: Jan Böcker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Make file:... directory links open dired by default
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:35:31 +0100

On 01/24/2011 05:38 AM, Leo Alekseyev wrote:
> I am working under Windows, and by default links like file:~/path...
> open in Explorer.  I can manually change the link to
> file+emacs:~/path... and then it opens in dired -- but is there a way
> to change the default behavior so that when I press C-c C-l to store
> the directory links as file+emacs to begin with?..  Alternatively, is
> there a way to make file: links behave like file+emacs? (I'm not sure
> if this is a good idea since it might impact things other than
> directories).
> --Leo

Hi Leo,

take a look at the variable org-file-apps:
M-x customize-variable RET org-file-apps RET

Try adding an entry like this:

[INS] [DEL] Cons-cell:
            Choice: [Value Menu] Links to a directory
            Choice: [Value Menu] Visit with Emacs

I have not tested this (since I am not using Org on Windows), but it
looks to me like it should work.

Regards,
Jan