Re: [Orgmode] Best publishing tool

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Best publishing tool
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 12:48:03 +0000

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi list,
>
> What do you guys think about asciidoc, has any of you ever used it?

I tried it out a while ago.  It's simple and the markup format is
similar (not the same) to org. In fact should be straightforward to
translate from one to the other.

However, I wouldn't use it for a long document instead of org for one
simple reason: org has so much extra functionality over and above markup
such as, for instance, project management and tags+categories.  I find
it so much easier to be productive by being able to incorporate todos
and so on within a document rather than having a separate task manager.
Searching and navigation within a large document is also easier.

YMMV, of course.
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.304.g71203.dirty)