Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Taskwarrior, nice GTD-oriented CLI thing

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Taskwarrior, nice GTD-oriented CLI thing
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 13:11:08 -0600

Marcelo,

I've started dreaming of a system called 'org-dashboard'
that will do things like this.  E.g., progress tracking for
projects, books, weight loss goals.  Graphics of time tracking
for sleeping hours, work hours, exercise hours, etc.  Simple
counts of how many Coke's you drink, etc.  The idea will be
to incorporate all these different types of information into
an easy to read screen with simple graphics and tables, able
to be exported to HTML or PDF for, say, daily review.  This
could integrate with org-habit also.

I'm very much in the design phase now, no code.  I should have some
time to work on this in the coming months.  I'll definitely keep
the list updated with progress.

You could easily do this stuff now with, say, R code blocks, but
I am imagining a cohesive system.  What I'm dreaming of may in fact
be possible with some simple customized agenda hacking, I will
investigate that first.

--Erik

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
By the way, now that you mention it, Eric. Is there anything right now
that can generate graphs akin to what taskwarrior generates for
archived org data? This would be awesome to track progress.

Marcelo.

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa