[Orgmode] multiple agenda buffers

From: suvayu ali
Subject: [Orgmode] multiple agenda buffers
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:55:06 -0800

Hi Orgers,

I was wondering whether it was possible to have multiple agenda buffers
at the same time. My use case is when I want to look for two differnt
but related things, or when I want to search while having my daily (or
weekly) agenda visible. I found references in the archives[fn:1] stating
that it was not possible at the time. Has the situation changed?

Renaming the buffer before calling the next agenda command seems to work
at first glance, but it breaks things like updating the buffer with ~g~.
It ends up updating the newest agenda buffer instead of the buffer where
the command was called.

Thanks a lot.

Footnotes:
[fn:1] http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg20407.html