[Orgmode] Re: Fontification of blocks

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Fontification of blocks
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 09:52:47 +0100

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> This looks very nice, I am now able to turn fontification on and off as
> expected using your three new faces.

Great.

> I've just committed your patch with one minor change (not having the block
> background face set by default).

OK. I still think that it'd be better to have some customization made by
default, because otherwise a lot of people would miss such features
already-in-there. That has been "proved" yesterday at FOSDEM Brussels (great
event -- certainly more to say about this later in the day), where some people
are unaware of "native fontification" and the like.

Of course, they would not stay unaware if they would read all messages posted
here, and all the info available on Worg, but... I've the gut feeling it'd be
better if it popped up for free, as this kind of stuff is unobtrusive, and
"removable" if you "don't want" your code blocks to be clearly highlighted ;-)

Nevertheless, I totally agree that the background face would have to be at
least twofold:

- once nice color for dark color theme, and
- one nice color for light color theme (mine, very light yellow, or something
  else).

But that's doable, if someone just proposes a nice one for dark backgrounds...

> Maybe it would be worth a worg post about how to use these faces with
> some example settings...

I'll do for sure in the coming week(s).

Best regards,
  Seb