[Orgmode] Re: Fontification of blocks

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Fontification of blocks
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 20:55:12 +0100

Hi Dan,

Dan Davison wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> Dan Davison wrote:
>>> Just quickly, one thing I noticed is that the begin/end lines were visible
>>> even inside folded trees. I.e., in a folded org file, containing many src
>>> blocks, I could see the coloured backgrounds "poking out" of the folded
>>> sections, extending to the right of the screen. Do you see that?
>>
>> Yes, but that's already the current situation today, *when using faces with
>> background*. My (future) patch does not change that, and I'm not sure
>> whether it should or not. In a way, I find this better: it makes it very
>> clear there is a code block folded at that point in the document. Yes, I
>> definitively prefer it that way -- if you don't mind.
>
> Hi Seb, hmm, maybe we're talking about different things.

I think so as well. I was thinking you were talking about the delimiter line
(begin_src and end_src) going up to the right end of the screen if the fully
expanded view.

Your picture shows it when folded.

> I would say this is a bug.

Indeed, that's definitely a bug.

> A key part of Org's visual model is that folding hides content. Imo. I'm not
> saying I know how to fix it, but that's a separate issue. Here are three
> screenshots:
>
> org-overview:
> org-content:
> show-all:

Can you send me your file, for me to test if I have the same problem?

FYI, I've seen that once when working on my patch[1], but never ever since the
last versions. Hence, just checking (plizz don't mind), are you really using
the version committed in the trunk, or some older version I may have sent on
this list?

> (Btw, that's with the box face attribute set with your patch. Just
> playing with it to see if I like it.)

Maybe make a try with underline and overline -- discovered not that long ago.
I find that the nicest combination... As well for headings 1 and 2. I'll send
my newest color theme very soon for you to see this, if you're interested.
Nope: correction, I'll put it directly on Worg. I'll ask for access, and try
being autonomous for such things.

Best regards,
  Seb

Footnotes:
[1] IIRC, Eric Fraga did see that as well, at some point in time.

--
Sébastien Vauban