Re: [Orgmode] Announcing org-contacts, a bbdb-like contact manager for O

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Announcing org-contacts, a bbdb-like contact manager for Org
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 13:26:37 -0600

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Julien Danjou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Following my short presentation at the Paris OrgCamp, I've now written a
page and officially released org-contacts. It is a contact manager based
on Org, that can possibly replace BBDB for certain usage.

  http://julien.danjou.info/org-contacts.html

I just gave it a whirl, but am having a strange result. Here were my steps:
- org-contacts.el moved to load path
- added =(require 'org-contacts)= to .emacs
- created ~/org/contact-example.org and used your website's example of Dave Null
- I used org-customize to set the definition of the =org-contacts-files= variable like so:
,-----
| (custom-set-variables
| '(org-contacts-files "/home/jwhendy/org/contact-example.org"))
`-----
- restarted emacs and did 'M-x org-contacts' followed by typing "dave"
- the minibuffer shows the following:
,-----
| non-existent agenda file ~/org/#+startup: showeverything. [R]emove from list or [A]bort?
`-----

Removing the line just moves to the next line and asks if I want to remove '~/org/* Friends', then '~/org/** Dave Null' and so on.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
John

--