[Orgmode] Re: Announcing org-contacts, a bbdb-like contact manager for O

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Announcing org-contacts, a bbdb-like contact manager for Org
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 14:45:26 +0000

Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Following my short presentation at the Paris OrgCamp, I've now written a
> page and officially released org-contacts. It is a contact manager based
> on Org, that can possibly replace BBDB for certain usage.
>
>    http://julien.danjou.info/org-contacts.html

Hi Julien,

I'm using it (with gnus). Looks great and seems to work very nicely so
far.

One little thing: I don't seem to be getting case-insensitive
completion, despite having org-contacts-completion-ignore-case set to t.

Side-issue: Columns view is going to be nice for editing our
org-contacts file. Can someone tell me if there is a way to instruct a
file (or subtree) to start up in columns view, rather than having to
issue C-c C-x C-c manually? (Like #+startup: columns or something)?

Thanks very much,

Dan