Re: [Orgmode] org-stow (Proof of concept)

From: Tom Breton (Tehom)
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-stow (Proof of concept)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 20:22:49 -0500

> "Tom Breton (Tehom)" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Any interest in trying this out?  I can push it if anyone else wants to
>> try it out.
>
> I'm interested!  Please let me know where I can read some code.
>
> Thanks :)

I pushed it just now; it's on branch stow-design.  Here is a little
documentation:

*** How it works

It works by using dblocks as fake symbolic links.  After you stow items,
you do org-dblock-update with a prefix argument (C-u C-c C-x C-u) which
syncs the dblocks.

That may or may not be the best way to do this.  It's still experimental.

*** How to use it

The commands:

 * org-stow-make-item-stowable makes an item stowable.  It prompts you for
where to stow the item and remembers that information.

 * org-stow-item stows the item at point, marking it accordingly.

 * org-stow-unstow-item unstows the item at point, if it was stowed,
marking it accordingly.

 * org-dblock-update - existing org command.  Updates the dblocks to
reflect the current (un)stowing.

Thanks for the interest, and thanks Brian too.

        Tom Breton (Tehom)