[Orgmode] Give focus to a item

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [Orgmode] Give focus to a item
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 17:53:48 -0600

Hi list,

So, I see myself too often trying going to the same toplevel item on
my gtd.org file. For example, let's say I have this on the org file:

* Project 1
  This is a project about something important.
  Check this URL for more information: http://someurl.com
** TODO Some item to do
** TODO Another item to do

* Project 2
* Project 3

Right now, most of my focus is on Project 1. I find myself adding more
and more items to it or coming back to add additional notes. Of course
I can narrow it, or maybe just use org-remember to input items to it,
but it would also be nice if I could setup a shortcut to "focus" it.
By focus I mean that, by pressing this key-combo, the following would
happen:

- The pointer would go to Project 1;
- The tree would open;
- All of the other items would close.

I'm not well-versed in elisp, nor in the org-mode API. Anyone with
more experience thinks this could be something easy to implement?

Thanks,

Marcelo.