Re: [Orgmode] Something like SETUPFILE, but in .emacs?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Something like SETUPFILE, but in .emacs?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:40:44 -1000

Aloha Gary,

I would be interested in a way to set export defaults globally for my .org files.

All the best,
Tom

On Feb 13, 2011, at 8:57 AM, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
<address@hidden> wrote:
You can use auto-insert for this.

I guess I'm really not using org-mode in the way it was intended --
everyone thinks I should put these values into each one of my org-mode
files.  Maybe it's because I want to use it more like a word processor
that can product odt, pdf, and html than an organizer, so I have
dozens or hundreds of these?

I really just want to set all the _defaults_ for those different
export types somewhere globally, so both my large pile of existing org
files as well as new ones all get a consistent look when exported.
And if I change my "style" I'd like all my exports to adjust
automatically.  As an example, I *never* want to export the creator
line.  But most of the comments on this list seem to say I should
modify my .org files (at least to include #+SETUPFILE), so I guess
I'll consider that as standard practice.

Would anyone be interested if I were to create a way to specify export
values in a global file somewhere (~/.org-site-defaults or something)
in the same syntax as SETUPFILE (#+kwd: value) that would set up all
the defaults for _every_ org file?

--
-- Gary