[Orgmode] Re: Nice python listings colors, or solution to beamer + minte

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Nice python listings colors, or solution to beamer + minted brokenness?
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:22:16 +0000

Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> writes:

> Dan Davison <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Christopher,
>>
>> I believe I have just fixed the problem with minted and beamer. Please
>> pull latex org from git and restart emacs, or
           ^^^

Oops, I meant to write "latest" org. I.e. just pull as normal.

>> (setq org-beamer-fragile-re "^[
>> \t]*\\\\begin{\\(verbatim\\|lstlisting\\|minted\\)}")
>>
>> Personally I think that minted will be preferable to listings for your
>> application.
>>
>> Dan
>
> Dan:
>
> It works!  That looks *fantastic.*

Great.

If you want to play around with styles, you can use a line like

#+latex_header: \usemintedstyle{tango}

To see all the available styles, use the command

pygmentize -L styles

(my output is below)

Also, if you'd like to experiment with the different options for
the \begin{minted} environment, and if you're comfortable switching
between git branches, then try the branch "minted" of the main org git
repo, and look at the variable `org-export-latex-minted-options'. For
example

(setq org-export-latex-minted-options '(("frame" "lines")))

puts a frame around the src block. Of course, see minted.pdf for the
options.

Dan

$ pygmentize -L styles
Pygments version 1.4, (c) 2006-2008 by Georg Brandl.

Styles:
~~~~~~~
* monokai:
    This style mimics the Monokai color scheme.
* manni:
    A colorful style, inspired by the terminal highlighting style.
* perldoc:
    Style similar to the style used in the perldoc code blocks.
* borland:
    Style similar to the style used in the borland IDEs.
* colorful:
    A colorful style, inspired by CodeRay.
* default:
    The default style (inspired by Emacs 22).
* murphy:
    Murphy's style from CodeRay.
* vs:

* trac:
    Port of the default trac highlighter design.
* tango:
    The Crunchy default Style inspired from the color palette from the Tango
Icon Theme Guidelines.
* fruity:
    Pygments version of the "native" vim theme.
* autumn:
    A colorful style, inspired by the terminal highlighting style.
* bw:

* emacs:
    The default style (inspired by Emacs 22).
* vim:
    Styles somewhat like vim 7.0
* pastie:
    Style similar to the pastie default style.
* friendly:
    A modern style based on the VIM pyte theme.
* native: