[Orgmode] Re: [Feature request] org-backup

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Feature request] org-backup
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:56:00 +0000

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I don't think I understood -- AFAIK, git repos are per directory and I
> can't add something from another directory to it ?

Hi Marcelo,

Let's say the "base directory" of a git repo is the one in which you
issued "git init" and which contains a hidden ".git" subdirectory. You
can add files from anywhere in the directory tree rooted at the base
directory. In other words, if you make a git repo in your home directory

cd ~
git init

you can add files from any subdirectory of your home directory. Just an
idea.

Dan