Re: [Orgmode] Projects with priority items

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Projects with priority items
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:32:15 -0600

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Nathan Neff <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Excellent question.  Do you mean all ancestors?
>>

> Yes.  That makes sense.
>
> If I have this:
>
> * Some project   :project:
> ** TODO Task Foo
> ** [#A] TODO Task Bar
>
> I would like an agenda view that would show items tagged with
> :project: and its TODO descendants.  I would like the descendants
> to remain under the parent, otherwise they lose context, and get spread around
> the agenda view.
>
> My main goal is part of a weekly review, where I look at all my
> projects, and make
> sure they have some TODO item that's scheduled.
>
> I'll look around for some solutions, and post anything that I come up with.

I think I found a suitable solution:  Just set
org-agenda-sorting-strategy nil for my custom project agenda:

 ("pp" "Projects" tags-todo "project-DONE-CANCELLED"
               ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Projects (High Level)")
            (org-agenda-sorting-strategy nil)))

At least this keeps the sub-tasks under the tasks, and provides a readable
agenda view, like this:

TODO Project A
.TODO Project A subtask
.TODO [#A] Another project A subtask

Will update the list w/any other fixes/tweaks to this solution.

--Nate