Re: [Orgmode] Status google calendar sync

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Status google calendar sync
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 08:18:08 +0100

On 14 Feb 2011, at 22:39, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:

This would be awesome, and I think this is the path the emacs
developers should take -- separating emacs into two, the GUI and the
core elisp interpreter. I'm sure this wouldn't be easy, but imagine

Emacs already has a batch mode, and very different GUI layers (terminal, X11, Mac, Windows), so I'd suspect that a "no GUI" version that can be compiled anywhere would not be so difficult. It may be more difficult to make a separate GUI layer, but that wouldn't be very important either from a practical point of view.

BTW, another Emacs GUI I'd like to see is a Web-based one. Imagine connecting to your home machine from a Web browser and getting access to a copy of Emacs running there!

Konrad.