Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Suggestions: GRASS GIS und Lilypond

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Suggestions: GRASS GIS und Lilypond
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:15:42 -0600

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 2:19 AM, Thorsten <address@hidden> wrote:
John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> I've used Lilypond and think it's amazing. But... what advantage is
> having it in org? Just curious... integration in foldable headlines
> and src blocks? For my uses, I can't think of a purpose unless, I
> guess, I was doing in-document scores or bars like in a wedding
> program or something. What was your idea -- I'm interested.
>
> John

I thought about writing a music book with the typesetting done by LaTex
and Lilypond. I know it should work just like combining R and LaTex with
Sweave, but the last time I tried I had problems - integration in Org
could make it easy. And, since nowadays books are shared on the web for
free and the author starves, one might want to reuse the content in the
setting of an online music school. Orgmode's html export would make this
easy.

Cool -- this was along my thoughts. I like it! I agree it can't be that hard to integrate. It's a pretty simple markup.

John

Thorsten