Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can I input multiline in a cell?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can I input multiline in a cell?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:42:24 +0100

Hi Wang,

Wang Coeus <address@hidden> writes:

> Will org consider to support this in future?

There is no plan for this right now.

But what about cheating a bit and play with the _display_ of the table?

| Header      | Header |
|-------------+--------|
| I want to   |        |
| write stuff |        |
| on several  |        |
| lines       |        |

You should be able to export this table to HTML or LaTeX and simulate a
multiline cell on the first column.  Just a workaround, but could do in
some situations.

Also, note that you can shrink the cell length by adding <length>:

     |---+------------------------------|               |---+--------|
     | 1 | one                          |               | 1 | one    |
     | 2 | two                          |     ----\     | 2 | two    |
     | 3 | This is a long chunk of text |     ----/     | 3 | This=> |
     | 4 | four                         |               | 4 | four   |

which helps having long text in a single-line cell.

HTH,

--
 Bastien