[Orgmode] unicode chars in org-emphasis-regexp-components

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: [Orgmode] unicode chars in org-emphasis-regexp-components
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:30:11 +0800

Hi, I do a lot of plain text writing in org, and would love to be able
to allow emphasis markup when it's up flush against m-dashes (x2014),
n-dashes (x2013), and ellipses (x2026), possibly among other things.
When I try to add these characters to org-emphasis-regexp-components via
the customize interface, emacs complains about "junk at end of
expression: —…–" and won't let me save it. Unicode's not junk!

I know this is an emacs issue, not an org issue, but if there's a
workaround, I would love to know about it! Setting that variable outside
of customize looks hairy…

Thanks!
Eric