Re: [Orgmode] Deriving mode from org-mode

From: Anders Waldenborg
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Deriving mode from org-mode
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:17:06 +0100

On 02/15/2011 05:11 AM, Bastien wrote:
(org-mode-p) does the advertized job: checking whether we are in
org-mode major mode.  It would be confusing to also check against
org derived modes, at least with that function's name.

Agreed. Just hope it isn't used like that in other places.

[]

Fixed, I corrected this directly in `org-edit-src-code', allow source
code to be edited from org-mode derived modes.

Thanks!

Can you share what kind of derived mode you're writing?  What for?

It is a "personal wiki" mode. It automatically narrows to current top level heading, adds some extra navigation functions and allows creating links to new "pages" (= top level heading) in a simple way. Hopefully I can clean it up a little bit soon and publish it.

 anders