Re: [Orgmode] org-toggle-checkbox bug

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-toggle-checkbox bug
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:09:56 -0600

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
According to the docstring of org-toggle-checkbox, the function can be
called on headlines:

,----
| If the cursor is in a headline, apply this to all checkbox items
| in the text below the heading, taking as reference the first item
| in subtree, ignoring drawers.
`----

When I call org-toggle-checkbox on the following entry, [I get (shortened from your example)]:

* Test
 - [ ] Now
 - [ ] Not now ---> [x]
 - [ ] Later ---> [x]
 - Not yet
 - Never

 Then if I call org-toggle-checkbox on the headline again, nothing
happens. The two boxes remain checked.

Odd; this is not the behavior I get. I just tried on a structure and got this cycling:
,-----
| * top
| ** next
| *** next
| - [x] item 1  --> [ ]  --> [x]
`-----

So... it seems to be working for me, though I was not sure based on the docstring whether "taking as reference the first item in subtree" meant it would toggle the rest to be like it or everything to be the opposite of it. It appears it's the latter definition.

Maybe provide your version? I'm using 7.4.

Best,
Matt