[Orgmode] customising org-latex-to-pdf-process for bibtex

From: suvayu ali
Subject: [Orgmode] customising org-latex-to-pdf-process for bibtex
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:30:55 -0800

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use bibtex with pdf export for my thesis. So I tried
customising =org-latex-to-pdf-process= so that bibtex is run before
pdflatex. So from the customise buffer I set it to something like this:

pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f
bibtex %b
pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f
pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f

I also tried these,

pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %b
bibtex %b
pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %b
pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %b

But none of these run bibtex properly. For now I am exporting to latex
everytime I change the bibliography and run bibtex from the terminal.
For subsequent pdf exports the default values then give me a proper pdf
with all the citations displayed correctly.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

--
Suvayu