[Orgmode] Changing star character

From: Javier M Mora
Subject: [Orgmode] Changing star character
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:42:40 +0100

Hi,

I want to use org-mode as an ideas-processor to write articles/thesis with LaTeX.

I've tried export from org to LaTeX but I don't like results: Every org headline become in a latex headline. I want more granularity using org to classify my ideas inside a paragraph.

My idea is be able to use the same file as a valid org file and a valid LaTeX file and select in which major mode I want to work (org or Auctex) depending on my needs.

If I can change star symbol from "*" char to "%" char (comment mark in LaTeX). It become possible.

Is it possible?
Is there a variable to change star symbol?
Is "*" so hardcoded that it is impossible change behavior?

Thanks, Javier M Mora.

I'm not member of org-mode list. Please, send me a copy to my personal email.