Re: [Orgmode] Links to datestamped headings broken?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Links to datestamped headings broken?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 18:01:27 +0100

Hi Simon,

Simon Guest <address@hidden> writes:

> I have an Org mode file with some date-stamped headers, e.g.
> ** <2011-04-06 Wed> National Bank

It's better to put timestamps outside of the heading.

> When I org-store-link (C-c l) on that line, I get
> Stored: <2011-04-06 Wed> National Bank
> which seems right.

The description of the link is right, the link isn't, because Org
removes the timestamp.

> When I org-insert-link in another org-mode file, I get
>
> [[file:~/share/notes/maths-competitions.org::*%20National%20Bank][<2011-04-06
> Wed> National Bank]]
> which looks wrong, and doesn't work.
>
> I expected to see the date in the URL part of the link.
>
> Am I confused, or is something broken?

Two simple workarounds: either load the org-id module, which takes care
of creating unique targets for internal links - or don't put timestamps
at the beginning of the heading.

If you see a place in the documentation where we need to be more acurate
please tell us!

HTH,

--
 Bastien