Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BUG] org-babel-tangle causes "Wrong type argument: se

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BUG] org-babel-tangle causes "Wrong type argument: sequencep, hline"
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:19:10 -0700

Vladimir Alexiev <address@hidden> writes:

>> The hline was assumed to be a list (as normal rows are) by the indexing
>> code, so I just inserted a quick check to ensure that hlines are left
>> alone.
>
> So Eric, you're handing this arg as per documentation (info)
> * :hlines: `no' (default)
>   Strips horizontal lines from the input table.
>
> But you've missed handling this arg:
> * :colnames `nil' (default)
>   If an input table looks like it has column names (because
>   its second row is an hline), then the column names will be removed
>   from the table before processing
>
> I think that org-babel-ref-index-list should receive the stripped table,
> i.e. these elements should have been removed:
>   ("search" "replace") hline

I see the point you are making, and this behavior would be ideal.
Unfortunately, the indices are applied to the variable during resolution
of the reference and at this time other header arguments, e.g., :hlines,
:colnames, and :rownames are not available to pre-process the table.

While not ideal, I do believe that it is consistent to say that the
index is applied to the table *before* the other table related header
arguments are applied.  I will update the documentation to make this
clear.

Best -- Eric