[Orgmode] Re: Org-Remember C-1 C-c C-c

From: Matthew Sauer
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org-Remember C-1 C-c C-c
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 18:25:10 -0600

Yes, I was using remember as when I first started using orgmode I didn't have capture because emacs 23.2 in cygwin came with a series 6 version of org.  Now that I have upgraded to the main development version I realized I can switch to capture, which I have and I LOVE much better, it has solved many of the problems I was having.

The problem I was getting when I was pressing C-1 still exists but I believe is due to incorrect mapping of Mintty/Cygwin (I am running on XP on the laptop) as it works correctly in the windows version of emacs I have installed.  (it also has issues with C-3 and other C-number combinations but that is a function of Mintty I believe.

Matthew

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
Matthew Sauer <address@hidden> writes:

> Whenever I use Remember to shoot a note to a specific location I
> press C-1 and get the following error:
> M-[ 1 ; 5 q is undefined
>
> I changed my .emacs to make the default refiling and C-1 C-c C-c is
> now the template location specified.  At times I would still like to
> use the C-1 C-c C-c behavior.  I thought about setting a 1 press
> function key binding but I haven't been able to determine what
> function is called (either direction depending on the setup I have in
> my .emacs) and I haven't been able to figure out what is causing the
> error when i press C-1  (it happens whenever I press the key combo).
>
> I am using cygwin in mintty, with emacs and orgmode 7.4 (I pull off
> the git every few days, don't remember which exact commit I have).
> GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of 2010-10-01
>

> This happened even before I upgraded from the version of orgmode that
> comes with emacs 23.2.1   I am just not sure which direction to go to
> find the problem and I know how to work around it by calling the
> correct function and/or binding it to a key.   Any input is most
> appreciated as the more college classes I take the more class files I
> have to file into.

Hi Matthew,

Please provide details of your remember/capture template (are you really
using remember mode instead of capture mode?), the keys sequence you are
using, and what you expect to happen.

Regards,
Bernt