RE: [Orgmode] using (id "Name") target in org-capture-templates

From: Sullivan, Gregory (US SSA)
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] using (id "Name") target in org-capture-templates
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:38:00 -0500

The way I understood your patch is that I can use (currentfile) as _the_ target
expression in a capture template.  What I was requesting was to use
'capturefile' _within_ a file+headline target expressions. Let me re-include a
motivating example - as your citation didn't include it:

 (setq org-capture-templates
   '(("j" "Journal" entry (file+headline currentfile "Journal") "* %a\n\n%i"))
     ("t" "To Do" entry (file+headline currentfile "Tasks") "* TODO %? %i\n")))

which does not seem to be implemented in the current git version, unless I've
completely messed up my orgmode git checkout.

Possibly this could be done by checking for the symbol 'currentfile in
org-capture-target-buffer, and using (buffer-file-name).
Do you think that would work?

Thanks again.
-- Greg
--
Greg Sullivan          address@hidden
(781)262-4553 (office) (978)430-3461 (cell)