[O] Re: [Orgmode] customising org-latex-to-pdf-process for bibtex

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [O] Re: [Orgmode] customising org-latex-to-pdf-process for bibtex
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:23:37 +0000

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 00:23:15 +0000
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > I am trying to use bibtex with pdf export for my thesis. So I tried
>> > customising =org-latex-to-pdf-process= so that bibtex is run before
>> > pdflatex. So from the customise buffer I set it to something like
>> > this:
>>
>> I have
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>> (setq org-latex-to-pdf-process
>>   '("pdflatex %f" "bibtex %b" "pdflatex %f" "pdflatex %f"))
>> #+end_src
>>

> I tried that, no luck. It gets stuck at some line and fails. I think
> there is some problem with one of the packages I am using for
> equations. Putting back "-interactionmode nonstop" makes the pdflatex
> process continue to the end and produce the pdf.

I think you should try to sort this out first.  What happens if you
export to latex and then invoke pdflatex directly yourself?  Which
package is causing the error?

In any case, once you have the latex, you can try the individual steps
directly.  I would recommend using auctex mode within Emacs.  You should
be able to mimic the behaviour of org's pdf export by repeated use of
C-c C-c in auctex mode.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.529.gb23d.dirty)