Re: [O] Re: [Orgmode] Splitting mailing list

From: John Hendy
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:12:12 -0600

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 28 2011, Bastien wrote:
> >> I changed the [Orgmode] tag to [O].
> >
> > Couldn't you just drop it?
> >
> > Seriously, this [O] is useless and ridiculous.

Not to me.

Me either.

The emails from this mailing list along account for 80% of my daily emails. With a tag and using gmail shortcuts, I can go down the list pressing j for next message and x to select it as I skim the titles to see if anything strikes me as of interest. When I have them all, I scan the senders and subjects once more to catch any accidental selections and then press # to delete. It would suck to actually read every subject to interpret it as mailing list or not and also be deciding if I wanted to open it.

With the tag I just look for keywords like babel, beamer, lists, etc. to see if I think I'm interested. Mostly... I'm not.

[fn:1] or [Org] or [O] - I would have preferred [Org] but I'm willing to
live with [O].

Yeah, [O] seems weird to me even though there's nothing really wrong with it... I like [Org] more :)

John