[O] making flexible table formulas

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: [O] making flexible table formulas
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:05:07 +0530

When using orgmode for hacking on data in a table (org a la spreadsheet)  I have this situation
Say I am concentrating on column 2 and I want the bottom cell to be the sum of the above cells
For a 7 row table with 8th row having the total I get

  #+TBLFM: @8$2=vsum(@address@hidden)

But now I have a problem: If say I add a row to the table then the next time I recompute the formula(s) the ninth row is not affected and the 8th row which is now data gets overwritten with a computation.

So basically I want the @1 and @7 which are hardcoded above to be replaced by something to the effect: "everything above..." and the @8$2 should be something to the tune of "bottom of $2"

I guess this may not be a reasonable request -- but with org you never know :-) so asking if there is some way.