[O] Re: [Orgmode] Uncover bullet points with BEAMER_env: ignoreheading

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [O] Re: [Orgmode] Uncover bullet points with BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:11:55 +0000

Derek Thomas <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems that with the options you suggested, the "[<+->]" argument is
> passed to the \columns environment instead of the \itemize environment
> within the column.  Beamer doesn't accept this argument for the
> columns environment.  Is there a way to pass the argument to \itemize?
> Thanks,
>
> Derek

Sorry for the confusion.  I thought you were trying to specify those
arguments for the columns as I misread your original query.

For lists, you can specify individual item overlay specifications, such
as:

#+begin_src org
The following is a very convoluted list of items:
- <1-2> one item
- <2> another
- <3-> and another
- <1-> etc.
#+end_src

but I don't know how to pass anything to the =\begin{itemize}=
directive.  Sorry.  Maybe somebody else (Carsten, Nicolas) can help?

I've never found a need for automatic overlay specifications such as
<+-> for presentations, partly because I'm against too much hiding and
incremental revealing of text on slides, unless for a very specific
pedagogical purpose (but this is very much a personal bias).

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.529.gb23d.dirty)