Re: [O] in-buffer completion question

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] in-buffer completion question
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 23:19:27 +0100

On 1.3.2011, at 22:56, henry atting wrote:

> Let's say I am in an orgmode buffer, more precisely I
> opened a file with org-contacts.
> My first entry is:
>
> ** Mr.X
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EMAIL:  address@hidden
> :END:
>
> Then I want to create a new entry. Of course I am to
> lazy to type ´:PROPERTIES:´ so I type ´:PR´ then hit
> M-TAB. But instead of the word being completed I get
> ´There is no completion of PR´.
>
> Okay, but I can see that actually there is one, it's in the
> buffer. I read that the new orgmode completion method
> is derived from the method John Wiegley has implemented.
> In ledger-mode however M-Tab not only completes the
> unfinished word but lets me cycle through the alternatives
> given in the current buffer.
> So, that is what I would expect in orgmode too...

Dynamic completion based on buffer contents is a standard Emacs feature
which is normally bound to M-/
Maybe ledger.el falls back onto dynamic completion when there is nothing
else to complete?  Org-mode used to fall back onto hippie-expand.  But
I see now that this has fallen through when we moved to pcomplete.
Maybe this can be put back in?

- Carsten