[O] Re: Simple Indentation question: indentation behaviour changed some

From: Nicolas
Subject: [O] Re: Simple Indentation question: indentation behaviour changed some time ago.
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 00:45:59 +0100

Hello,

Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:

> * headline
>   - item
> TEXT
> ^
>
> cursor on first "T" of "TEXT" and pressing "TAB" I got:
>
> * headline
>   - item
>     TEXT
>
> nowadays I get
>
> * headline
>   - item
>   TEXT

> I checked the org-*indent* variables but could not find a matching variable.
> How can I configure the old behaviour?

You can set `org-list-ending-method' to 'regexp, meaning that you will
need to provide two blank lines (that's configurable though, see
`org-empty-line-terminates-plain-lists' and `org-list-end-regexp') to end
a list.

Otherwise, lists are determined by indentation, so, in your example,
TEXT end the list as it is less indented than any of its items. Thus,
when pressing TAB, Org indent the line accordingly, that is as a line
belonging to the headline but not to the list.

Also note that, if TEXT isn't already typed, you can use C-j after
"item" to stay inside list and go on typing.

Regards,

--
Nicolas